September 2, 2013

A Little Gluttony Goes a Long Way

So I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Labor Day weekend. I had a good weekend, but it surely would have been better if it was a few days longer. I don't know about what the rest of you did this weekend, but I ate. I ate quite a bit, and today I am fat. My fat pants were on and fully filled out today.

I ate sticky rib tips, lobster mac and cheese, delicious Belgian beer, smoked barbecue pork ribs, a lobster tail pastry, pignioli and hazelnut gelato, pistachio frozen yogurt and all the fixin's, Chinese pork buns, an awesome three egg omelette, home fries, homemade breaded fried chicken, and god only knows what else. I'm pretty sure I blacked out after the gelato, so those calories don't count, right?

Listen, whatever you did this weekend - it's over now. Get back to the grind tomorrow and cut your losses (and gains). I'm prepping myself with some unsweetened iced tea for now, and tomorrow I'm going to pretend that none of this ever happened. 

The real challenge will be making sure my pants get that same message. 

Sorry I'm not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment