October 8, 2013

Do One Thing Every Day....

"Do one thing every day that scares you."

Today that "thing" was stepping on the scale. I've been avoiding the damn thing for weeks now. Shoving it as far into the darkest corners of my tiny bathroom as possible, hoping I could continue to ignore the fact that my pants have been getting a little bit tighter, my shirts a little bit smaller.

But I did it. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, stood on that stupid white plastic contraption and braced myself for the digital number that would stare back at me and shoot me straight in the ego like a wild and evil medusa.

4 pounds.

I've gained 4 pounds in the last few weeks. Now that may not seem like a lot to some people, but when you're in that 'awkward stage' between sizes, 4 pounds is a lot. I've been doing poorly with my water consumption, drinking too much coffee, eating larger portions that I know will do me no good, and grazing at night. I had a wedding this weekend and topped it off with pub food, Chinese take-out, and beer. Today for lunch I ate my leftover Chinese food in an effort to save some money. Thankfully, my mother has eaten the rest of it, so now I'm back to home-cooked food.

Tonight I eat some home-made beef stew with a small serving of rice and a VERY TALL glass of water.

I'm putting myself back on track.

What did you do today that scared you?

No comments:

Post a Comment