October 17, 2013

A Little Self-Control Goes a Long Way

I won't say that I'm completely back on track because I tend to sabotage myself the second I try to convince myself that I am. But I've been doing pretty good food-wise this week. Today I did alright, and most of the week I've been using fresh ingredients and making big batches of deliciously healthy foods.

This was my dinner tonight:



Lemon-thyme roasted chicken and honey thyme roasted carrots that I linked to in my meal planning post, and herbed couscous because I felt that I needed something more than just the meat and veggies. Everything was delicious, healthy, and super filling.

I ended up with 4 very large chicken breasts, which is way more meat than I thought I would end up having. All that means is that I get to rearrange some of my meal planning for the week and push a few recipes back a day or two. Tomorrow I'll eat this again for dinner, and then on Saturday I'll have some for lunch and then make chicken tacos for dinner. If I remember, I'll post some pictures of the tacos or whatever it is that I make with the remaining chicken.

I haven't made it to the gym yet... one thing at a time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment