October 15, 2013

Strawberry Banana Dessert for a Sweet Tooth

So tonight I made the pork tenderloin and the ginger carrots that I linked to in my previous post. I'm telling you all right now, you need to try out those recipes. The pork was moist, tender, filled with flavor and super delicious. The ginger carrots paired really well with the pork and the soy sauce marinade, and I threw in maybe half a cup of rice pilaf from last night's dinner.

Of course, dinner was over, and as usual my sweet tooth started to rear its ugly head. I started picturing chocolate, caramel, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter chips, cookie dough.... My brain is a disaster when I crave sugar and sweets. So I went online and started to browse some dessert ideas, but most of them require more effort and energy and dirty dishes than I'm willing to deal with at 9:30 at night.

Then I found a fantastically simple dessert idea floating around, and if I knew who posted it originally, I would provide some credit. It was bananas, honey, and cinnamon. I thought that sounded pretty perfect but I really wanted an extra layer of flavor, so I added some strawberries that I bought yesterday. Easy, light, sweet, and delicious!

Quick and Easy Strawberry Banana Dessert





Ingredients:

1 ripe banana, sliced
4-5 strawberries, sliced
A few drizzles of honey
A few sprinkles of cinnamon

Directions:

Place fruit in a bowl or dish. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle on some cinnamon. Eat.

Seriously. It doesn't get much easier than that.

Try it out and let me know how you like it. I think it's definitely my new favorite dessert/snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment